South Lake Hospital Respiratory Therapist II - Four Corners Respiratory - Per Diem - Varied Shifts in Clermont, Florida
FOUR CORNERS EMERGENCY SERVICES GRAND OPENING JULY 2018
The Respiratory Therapists' responsibility is to assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment.
Competent in respiratory therapeutics and in the use of ventilators, pulmonary diagnostics and other equipment required for the provision of respiratory care.
Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
- Demonstrates strong power of analytical reasoning and effectively blends patient care management skills with technical expertise.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
Proficient in quality control and maintenance of arterial blood gas analyzers.
Has knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and medical condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates expertise in the areas of medical gas administration, environmental control systems, humidification, medication delivery, invasive and non-invasive ventilator support, airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Provides care for patients in the following areas:
- Critical care units
Labor and delivery
Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
- Maintains regular attendance and complies with time and attendance policy and procedure.
- Adheres to South Lake Hospital's policies and procedures; Mission, Vision and Values statements; Code of Conduct.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and Joint Commission.
- Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- Uses problem-solving skills to meet goals.
- Enhances professional growth by participating in educational programs, current literature and/or workshops.
Other Related Functions
- Assists with obtaining supplies during cases and working knowledge of supplies utilized for cases.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all procedural changes and equipment updates.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a Respiratory Therapist II to join our Four Corners Respiratory team. Interested candidates will have the following...
Education/Training * Graduate of a program of an associate degree from a respiratory therapy education program required Registry (RRT) admission requirements). * Bachelor's Degree preferred. Licensure/Certification * Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). * Licensed by the State of Florida (Department of Health). * Current American Heart Association BLS for HCP required. * ACLS and NRP certifications required or completed by next scheduled South Lake Hospital class. Experience * Minimum of 2 years' experience in respiratory care and 1 year of critical care experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled