SMG Groundskeeper in Kissimmee, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Groundskeeper for Osceola Heritage Park at Osceola County Stadium.
SUMMARY: Maintains the function and appearance of the facility, oversees the building grounds, and assures facility readiness for a smooth operation of events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of grounds maintenance tasks to include edging, mowing, trimming, waste and litter removal, fertilizing, laying sod and raking. Spreads seed, plants foliage and shrubbery, aerates sports fields, lawns and soils, trims and maintains landscape. Drags and spikes clay infields (when/where appropriate).
- Performs custodial tasks to include emptying and cleaning waste receptacles; washing windows; dusting and polishing furniture; cleaning vents, air filters, fans, walls; changing light bulbs, cleaning restrooms and locker rooms.
- Performs physically demanding tasks requiring use of heavy grounds keeping, maintenance and/or custodial equipment.
- Performs general maintenance and upkeep of tools, equipment and machinery to include lubricates, services and fuels; performs routine light maintenance and repairs; cleans and maintains safe operation.
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on facilities, structures, equipment, sidewalks, drainage and other County property in one or more of the skilled and semi-skilled disciplines to include plumbing, masonry, carpentry, flooring and irrigation,
- Operates lawn care equipment to include manual and riding lawn mowers, sports turf mowers, sand pros and tractors, sod cutters, trucks, weed-eaters, trimmers, edger and blower.
- Operates and maintains irrigation and drainage systems.
- May utilize a wide variety of manual, gas and electric powered hand tools, to include a hammer, shovel, rake, screw drivers, wrenches, digging bar, chainsaw, chemical sprayer leaf blowers, weed eaters, hedge trimmers and edger.
- Maintains buildings and equipment by keeping it clean and in a safe working order by emptying and cleaning waste receptacles, cleaning vents, fans and walls; clean equipment and tools after use and maintains cleanliness and order in storage areas.
- Painting of facility fields, buildings -- both exterior and interior, doors, etc., as needed
- Event set-up and changeover to include moving, arranging, assembly and disassembly, setting and removal of items needed;
- Participates in work-site safety set-up - preps work areas; sets barricades and cones; conducts traffic control in accordance with uniform work zone safety standards; flag traffic.
- Responds to emergency situations in order to confine, resolve or prevent injurious or otherwise hazardous conditions due to fallen debris, spills, broken windows, broken locks, etc.
- Organizes and maintains inventory of maintenance supplies and tools.
- Reports equipment malfunctions and facility maintenance needs to immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Two (2) years' experience in facility maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- Valid Florida Driver's license;
- Valid Florida Lawn and Ornamental Spray license or ability to obtain license within 90 days of hire;
- Fork Lift Certification or ability to acquire certification within 90 days of hire;
- Fluent in English including speaking and writing;
- Excellent communication skills and a good working relationships with departmental personnel, supervisors and the general public;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work at heights up to 20 feet;
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move 50 -- 100 pounds;
- Required to use hands, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk and stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to work in an indoor and outdoor setting which may include exposure to extreme heat, cold, fumes, dust, mold, fiberglass and various chemicals;
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled