SMG Marketing Manager (Jr. Level) in Kissimmee, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Manager (Jr. Level) for Osceola Heritage Park, Kissimmee, FL.
The Marketing Manager supports the Director of Marketing in the planning and implementation of a complete marketing campaign for the facility and all events including public relations, advertising, social media, promotion, and sponsorships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a variety of media platforms (print, web and social media).
- Support the public relations image of the facility.
- Design ads for social media and print.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing activities on event days.
- Maintain relationships with media, industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Create and implement engaging content and campaigns on social and digital media platforms.
- Update the website and all other marketing mechanisms for shows.
- Seek and maintain working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and all existing clients.
- Coordinate media/market research for upcoming and potential events.
- Coordinate work schedules and job assignments for interns.
- Coordinate all photographic needs for events and promotional purposes.
- Create and maintain digital photo/video library and press clippings.
- Assist with Group Sales when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Two to three years of related experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- An innovative, creative thinker.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic work atmosphere.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Graphic Design.
- Ready to present new ideas.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations principles, practices and terminology.
- Possess strong organizational and project coordination skills, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Ability to work various hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and other standard office equipment.
Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Graphic Design.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility, stand for long hours during events, talk, and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled