Health First Lean Process Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
The Lean Process Engineer (LPE) is responsible for Lean initiatives and culture within Hospital Operations. The LPE accomplishes this through; 1) A rigorous annual goals deployment and project alignment process with site leadership, 2) Green Belt coaching and project management, 3) Lean sprint deployment and execution, and 4) Corrective action implementation.
- Leads the culture change needed for an effective Lean process improvement system by directing, planning, implementing, analyzing and utilizing the methods and essential tools of Lean.
- Exhibits a management style that reflects leadership and coaching abilities as necessary for successful implementation of Lean team efforts.
- Identifies Lean projects that will reduce errors to improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Facilitates, guides and supports enterprise, departmental or cross-departmental continuous improvement initiatives as directed by executive leadership.
- Executes and successfully applies experience and expertise in a broad range of process improvement methods and tools to ensure the success of large, complicated improvement efforts.
- Facilitates cross-functional teams through improvement events, and monitors progress of the improvement and sustainment of action plans.
- Develops detailed action plans and tracks progress through completion, providing regular status updates to process owners, stakeholders and the Chief Operations Officer.
- Reports and presents data related to assigned improvement projects to process owners and stakeholders in a way that has meaning and value.
Directs and implements Lean initiatives and strategies to optimize operational performance, productivity, and profitability by reducing or eliminating overproduction, waste, rework, delay, and process variation.
Bachelor’s Degree in relatable field
- 4 years’ work experience, or equivalent combination in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, or Process Engineering.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt required, Black Belt preferred.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience in leading teams through direct project management.
- Experience in acute health care setting preferred.
Job: *Corporate Services
Organization: *Health First, Incorporated
Title: Lean Process Engineer
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
Requisition ID: 036646