Wyndham Worldwide Maintenance Technician III - HVAC Certified - Bonnet Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida
Maintenance Technician III - HVAC Certified - Bonnet Creek Resort
Maintenance Technician III
The Engineering Maintenance Technician performs all general facility maintenance under minimum supervision in a manner which insures the preservation of optimum quality and efficient production. Perform service requests and repairs as directed. Perform maintenance work for make-ready units as directed. Clean and inspect all common areas and building systems and report deficiencies to supervisor(s). Adhere to the company’s safety programs.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain facility systems such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing: Monitor and repair HVAC system for the entire facility. Perform plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC and fittings. Reset/replace breakers, ballast and other electrical fixtures including switches and sockets; prevent and trouble shoot possible electric hazards. Monitor and repair the water (boiler) system in living units and facilities to ensure adequate hot water supply for guests, customers and employees. (50% time)
2. Perform preventative maintenance of all aspects of units, common areas and grounds as required: Responsible for preventive maintenance programs on all systems such as HVAC, boilers, pool certification etc. (30% time)
3. Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks including: General supervision and training of Maintenance Techs I and II. (10% time)
4. Assist the Maintenance Department and performs other duties as needed: (10% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Technical College / School certification required
b) Training requirements
Facility systems training such as HVAC, electrical or plumbing repair
c) Knowledge and skills
Ability to communicate effectively with employees, guests and owners
Competent skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
Competent skills regarding the operation of sophisticated equipment in the repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
Ability to work independently and follow instructions
d) Technical Skills
Knowledgeable HVAC/Refrigeration Technician in heating and cooling systems, including ability to read diagrams and read blue prints
Ability to troubleshoot all types of HVAC and refrigeration equipment, with a minimum of 3 years of experience required
HVAC and EPA certifications required
e) Job experience
- 3 years HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair and general maintenance experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Primary Location: United States of America- Florida-Orlando
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: Mar 8, 2018, 1:37:18 PM
Requisition ID: 1803649
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.