TRC Companies Relay/Power Line Carrier Technician in Orlando, Florida
This individual will perform the work associated with and including, but not limited to, the installation, testing, inspection, calibration, and repair of all system protection devices, transducers, and equipment (microprocessor based and electronic relays, circuits, protective controls, switchboards, and other substation equipment) on Client s' electric transmission and distribution systems
- Basic knowledge of alternating current (ac) and direct current (dc) theory and relaying protection schemes.
- Able to read and understand construction and manufacturer's drawings and specifications.
- Able to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Ability to utilize a relay test set to prove protective device settings. Familiarity with Doble Protest, SEL AcSELerator, and ENOSERVE RTS a plus.
- Able to operate computers and associated programs at the level required to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems in a timely manner, using sound judgment.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills at the level required to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Valid driver's license issued by state of residence and in good standing is required.
Prefer associate degree in industrial electrical, instrument and control, or electronics field and prefer two years increasingly responsible system protection experience directly related to the installation and maintenance of electro-mechanical and electronic relays and control equipment utilized by electric utilities, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of the job, this employee will regularly be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift up to one hundred pounds. While performing the duties this employee will regularly be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms. Lift or pull heavy cables and equipment weighing more than 50 pounds, the ability to work at ground level, and in trenches or manholes. Special vision requirement are close, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Orlando, FL - ORL