Golden Corral Restaurant Construction Contract Building Superintendent in Orlando, Florida
An opportunity to make an impact? What a concept! The chance to make a difference. There's no greater feeling in your career. It makes you feel like you're on top of the world. It's a feeling you can experience at Golden Corral. The company behind the highly successful chain of family-style buffet and grill restaurants, we provide the guidance and support that result in extraordinary growth. And with individuals like you on our team, our organization will grow for years to come.
Currently, we seek an individual as a contract Construction Builder and Superintendent to support construction remodels for Golden Corral restaurants for multiple projects. As a contract builder on site, the Superintendent supervises the sub-contractors; confirms state contractor’s licenses and insurance; and manages the overnight and/or daytime construction and remodel project to ensure on-time completion, within budget, and according to established guidelines.
Upcoming projects planned in the states of NC, TN, NY, and FL. Individual remodel projects estimated to be approximately 12 weeks.
*Job Responsibilities: *
- Directs Construction process and is responsible for implementation of construction remodel program. Represents Golden Corral onsite as a Construction Consultant through the entire project while conducting daily sub-contractor inspections to ensure quality work. Sets up accounts for rental, lumber, concrete, etc.; verifies material takeoffs and orders materials for delivery. Schedules, manages, and supervises all subs and vendors as well as all aspects of the project to ensure it is built on time, per plan and per specifications. Final inspections to be approved by GC Development Director of Construction. Knowledge, ability and willingness to step in and work along with, or in absence of, sub-contractor as needed. 80%
- Maintains updated records of current costs of all elements of remodel and makes such information available for evaluation and comparison. 5%
- During the bidding process, reviews the submitted costs when requested. Monitors invoices and submits final cost reports. 5%
- While in the construction phase, provides field observations of building design and concept issues to GC Development. 5%
- Reviews and approves any building and equipment change required for permitting/code. Reviews final engineered site plans and site adapted building plans and communicates any required revisions. 5%
*Education/ Experience: *High School diploma. At least 20 years’ experience in construction, with 10 years’ experience in restaurant construction. Experience in inspection of all phases of construction is essential with at least 10 years of individual project management. Must be well versed in blueprints. Excellent communication skills are required, including the ability to relate to the administrative needs, yet maintain projects within guidelines, specifications and timelines. Works in and around construction areas at all stages. Heavy travel requirements (85%).
*Additional Information: *
- Weekly Compensation - Based on the term of the 12-week remodel
- Per Diem - $90 for Lodging and $30 for Meals each day
- Travel home and back to job site twice during construction + mileage and food
- $1,250 bonus for finishing under approved budget.
- $1,250 bonus for finishing on time.
- Builder provides their own insurance
Are we the company for you? If so, please click on the application link to take a few minutes to complete our official online application so that our recruiters can evaluate if we have a position that may be the best fit for you.
Your application will be kept on file for consideration for future openings. We thank you in advance for providing this detailed information and appreciate your interest in Golden Corral Corporation.
Our commitment to valuing diversity helps create an environment where everyone can be successful.
Job Title: Restaurant Construction Contract Building Superintendent
Reference Number: 4955800000039
Store Number: CSC
Job Location: Florida / Orlando
Job Type: Company
Position Type: Corporate Office